FIFA 2010 World Cup Talk

Discussion in 'General Sports Talk Forum' started by Tris10, Jun 1, 2010.

1. heelswxman

heelswxman LFC 4 life

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd be more than willing to bet against the Dutch in the finals.

Let's not kid ourselves and think that they suddenly found class defenders. Heitinga is probably the best they have along their back 4 and he's not what I would consider "top shelf" quality. The Dutch have had 2 shutouts all tournament against the Danes and the Japanese. They've really only played one team that I thought could challenge them all tourney.

I like the Dutch, I really do. I think they're one of the 5 best sides in the world right now, but I don't see them beating Spain. Spain hasn't even played to their best level yet and still have made it to the final. Spain has lost what? Once in their last 24 matches or so?

I'm also not buying the Spain are boring to watch bit. They've got some of the most gifted players around and have guys like Ramos bombing down the sidelines. They overlap their runs extremely well and they play balls that most clubs could only dream of. I'm no fan of Spain, but I picked them prior to the start of the WC and I have a hard time picking against them now.

No Streaming Account
  2. killgod

killgod TiCats in 2010

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I like the Oranje in this one, they seem destined. 3rd times a charm.

No Streaming Account