I'm Back...

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Jeffrey99, May 16, 2010.

1. theDrummerJ99

theDrummerJ99 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    Hello all. Some of you may know me and some of you may not. I used to be around alot, as evident by my 2006 sign up date. Was the Season 2 Blue Jackets owner in the NHL Team League. Took abit of a break after that. Decided to come back and try to get in the team league again.

I always liked the site and don't think I had any problems with anybody. IF I did, I'm too old to remember them anymore. LOL Even though I'm not technically new, still decided to reintroduce myself and say hello to any older member that may remember me and all the new members.

Anyway hope the team league thing works out and hope to start checking out the site more and more.

Jeffrey99

drummerJ99
  2. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Good to see you again Jeff.

I saw that highlight from your MLB game where you robbed Latdogg. That was deadly

3. theDrummerJ99

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    Thanks, I still have no clue how the hell I done it. Think I've pressed X about a million times in that situation. Think we were both really surprised that it actually happened.

drummerJ99
  4. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Ya on the very high ones your guy might have a chance to grab em. So lemme ask you, how did you like mlb this year? I heard even Rob bought it... Never thought we'ed see him buy a 2k game again lol

5. theDrummerJ99

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    Yeah, no doubt, MR EA actually bought it. LOL Previous two seasons, I'd been big fan of MLB The Show. Was a looking for something different this year, which is the main reason I bought it. Hadn't played the past two seasons but really liked it this year. Never have been a big fan of the swing stick but the more I play it the more it seems to be better then I first remembered.

One of the few things I dislike about it is how little control you have when fielding. Seems on almost all grounders it's automatic. There's never any balls where you actually need to dive for, the guy will either get it by running to it or it'll be too far out of his reach that diving won't help. That's probably my biggest complaint about it. I think the player should be able to dive at any ball, no matter even if it's so close there is no reason too and he misplays the ball.

The bright side is the presentation is top notch. Always thought MLB The Show had the best presentation/commentary, 2k10 is right with them if not better. Plus 2k actually seem to get batting stances right. Sony hasn't gotten Brandon Phillips bat wiggle right in 3 seasons, 2k got all of it exact this season.

One other dislike is that a mound visit will always result in full composure again. Would be much better if it was random or if it went by overall rating or if it randomly gave back so much each time.

Overall coming form playing MLB The Show 08 and 09, I was very impressed with MLB 2k10. Unfortunately, since there is no NHL 2k11 this year, guess it's the only 2k game I'll be playing for awhile.

drummerJ99
  6. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Ya the fielding is my biggest complaint about our game too this year, but if you played 2k9 (or saw the videos of fielders) you can understand why it's tweaked more to the side of automation.

Also what do you think about the online leagues? That was my bread & butter :)

7. theDrummerJ99

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    Honestly, I'm so used to 2k leagues since NHL 2k on the regular Xbox that I don't really pay much attention at all to the league page. I really like the being able to upload videos straight to the league site. But with sites like here at LG, I normally don't ever pay attention to the 2k league site.

drummerJ99
  8. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome back man.. :D

9. murph17

murph17 Puff, Puff, Pass, Score!

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    my buddy Baz picked up a PS3 this season for The Show. loves it, but wishes it had 2K's swing stick.

welcome back Jeff.

murph17
  10. Gerbox 360

Gerbox 360 Gerbox is so 2009

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Who's he dating these days? LaShawnda?

No Streaming Account