Playoff Predictions

Discussion in 'General Sports Talk Forum' started by Tris10, Apr 13, 2009.

1. s11xtreme

s11xtreme $11

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    its a news source, yes, but its voted on by players and coaches. so its not just the opinion of meaningless ppl in the media. its first-hand knowledge and experience of the ppl closest to the action. so it means a lot more than you think. crosby did not have a good enough year to make the first team in my opinion. they hit the nail on the head with their selections. (minus maybe mike green, but he got there because of goals, so whatever)

i have never been arguing that ovechkin is the best all around player. i;ve said he is the BEST player, hands down. no questions asked. and i think there's a difference.

as for the 'head hunting' ... you need to get over yourself. hockey's a contact sport. ovechkin is in the top 5 in the league in hits. if you don't want to be hit, (or in your words, 'head hunted') then maybe you shouldn't be playing hockey. quit whining. go play tennis ya fruit :D

No Streaming Account
  2. whatsUPitsFARVA

whatsUPitsFARVA Katy Perry. NEW HOTNESS!

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    actually i didnt see anything in there about players voting. I saw coaches and executives but nothing about players. Im pretty sure if it came down to players, a choice or two would be different. Plus they dont say what coaches or executives voted. That poll is semi useless but still serves somewhat of a point in saying what we have all said already. That point would be that Ovechkin is a good player.

Like i said. No ones mind is going to change. So we might as well agree to disagree. kthanx.

No Streaming Account
  3. s11xtreme

s11xtreme $11

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    obviously AO is a good player. but if that's all you can admit he is, than you are not very knowledgeable of the game, and probably should not be taking part in this discussion. kthanx ;)

No Streaming Account
  4. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Since you can obviously not read english, I will point some things out for ya.

Sorry the word "good" wasn't enough for ya so i thought i would show you i used "great" earlier. Its not like i thought for a second you could read though. As i had to point out earlier about your sportingnews article not containing players votes. Read close or dont respond until you know what you are talking about. It really makes you look a tad dull. Kthanx ;)

Last edited: May 24, 2009
    No Streaming Account
  5. x S m ii R k Y

x S m ii R k Y Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +441 / 2 / -6
    I'm all for physical play... Checking is great, fighting, whatever... Hockey is a very physical sport, sure, but dont sit here and tell me "ya boi" Ovechkin doesn't take it to another level sometimes... Alot of fans AND players would agree with me on this one, k fruit cakes[-(

No Streaming Account
  6. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Oh yeah. Go wings :razz:

No Streaming Account
  7. s11xtreme

s11xtreme $11

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    haha yeah, im 'fruitcakes' for actually wanting to see big hits. what other level is ovechkin taking this to? maybe he figures, he takes his scoring and skill to another level unreachable by anyone else in the NHL, so why not hit harder? is he getting fined or suspended for what he has done? i don't think so, and i don't think he ever will. the hit on gonchar shouldn't have even been a penalty.

No Streaming Account
  8. x S m ii R k Y

Ratings:
    +441 / 2 / -6
    I'm honestly sick of talking to you... So here's how I'll end this discussion... Sindey Crybaby and the Pens are about to be in the Finals again Vs Datsyuk and the Wings, and Alex OVER-8-TED is sitting at home AGAIN, probably about to hip check his TV...

No Streaming Account
  9. OrangeChickn

OrangeChickn Warning Group

Discord:
    ClayBoyRyan#2788
    Ratings:
    +155 / 8 / -10
    Crosby is not even the best player on his team, he is good but he has help...Malkin is legit

No Streaming Account
  10. x S m ii R k Y

Ratings:
    +441 / 2 / -6
    I dont disagree... But it seemed like we were talking about Crosby, Ovechkin and Datsyuk, so I wouldnt dare mention Malkin to Mr s11xtreme...

Malkin is incredible in his own right... But I wouldnt dare talk about TWO Penguins in the same forum... I'd never hear the end of "being a home town guy"... :roll:

No Streaming Account
  11. s11xtreme

s11xtreme $11

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    pointing out that the pens are about to be in the finals does absolutely nothing for trying to prove your point why sidney is better. maybe he has a better team? actually, you know what, he DOES have a better teeam. and thats why he's still playing....so maybe i could come right back and tell you, while sidney's watching the NHL awards show onTV, and Ovie is recieving his SECOND hart trophy, he might shed a few more tears...and find a ref somewhere to complain to.

No Streaming Account
  12. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I wonder what AO wants more. His single player awards, or a stanley cup. . .

No Streaming Account
  13. x S m ii R k Y

Ratings:
    +441 / 2 / -6
    Again with the comparison thing.. I'm DONE doing that... They're all in a class of their own as it is... we all think what we think and that sure aint changing with you...

yeah hmmmmmmmmmm...

No Streaming Account
  14. s11xtreme

s11xtreme $11

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    haha i love how you 2 completely change topic to stanley cup wins.

i have never argued anything other than alex ovechkin is hands down the best player in the world.

if sid wins a cup, great for him...i really don't care. that doesn't mean he's better than AO...it just proves he has a better team.

haha so yeaaaahhh....this is pointless because i am arguing something you 2 don't want to talk about. possibly because you know you are wrong...considering AO is GOING to win another hart trophy

No Streaming Account
  15. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Do you honestly think people dont look at how many championships someone has or doesn't have when they look back on a players career and talk about how good they were?

Like I said earlier. AO is a GREAT(just for you S11)player and hes still got many years left to play. Its all personal opinion. Which is why I said we might as well agree to disagree. Pro crosby have already given their opinions and stats while you gave your AO opinions.

No Streaming Account
  16. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    I'd love to see Sid hoist the cup!

I think i heard if DET takes out CHI tonight, the series would start this weekend, but if Chi wins then the series would start next weekend.

17. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeah originally for that to happen both teams needed to sweep. But that didnt happen then espn reported what you said. I havent seen anything confirmed by the NHL yet though.

No Streaming Account
  18. s11xtreme

s11xtreme $11

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    of course ppl will look back on championships...but for now, they are only what? 4 years into their careers? sid's got the better team now, going back to the finals again. does that mean he's better than ovechkin? not at all. if sid was winning the hart trophy, at the same time as he was going back to the finals then maybe we'd be having a different conversation....but he's not...and he's not even one of the finalists. his TEAMMATE is, however, and that shows what kind of help he's getting...while his TEAM is having success in the post-season.

give it a restttttt bud

No Streaming Account
  19. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm confused. . . Give what a rest? Each person was throwing out reasons why one was better than the other. I know you cant be telling me to drop it, when i told you 20 messages ago we might as well agree to disagree because no one is going to budge on who is better. But then again i wouldn't be surprised. you have missed a lot in the reading comprehension category of this thread ;)

Crysby>AO

Last edited: May 27, 2009
    No Streaming Account
  20. x S m ii R k Y

Ratings:
    +441 / 2 / -6
    Guess what??... You know how you couldnt "Care less" if Crosby wins a championship? I feel the same about Ovi winning an MVP (which isnt such a sure thing, as you wanna make it sound)... When looking at a players career, 2 things make him great (in my mind)... I ask my self, did he make his teammates around him better? and how succesful were the teams he played for?... Championships ABSOLUTELY mean ALOT in this discussion (as do individual awards) so you sitting here telling us how were "changing the topic" is ASININE..

Another point, you trying to make it sound like Ovechkin has no talent around him(or not as much as Pit), is hilarious:mrgreen:... The last time I checked Crosby and Malkin arent even on the same line, so tell me, is this "better team" around Crosby made up of guys like Chris Kunitz, Max Talbot, Pascal Dupuis, or Bill Guerin?? Because the last time I checked, those were the guys making up Crosby's line all year long... Kunitz is solid, and Guerin seems to have a jump in his step again, fine(but they came VERY late in the season)... But if Ovechkin has guys like, Backstrom, Semin, Kozlov, Federov etc. skating right beside him, and he's "hands down" the best player in the league, why's his team at home right now???

Crosby put up the same point totals in less games this season, and with virtually no talent for the first 2/3 of the season:shock:... Satan, was playing so well, he ended up in the minors...

Here's an example to put things in perspective...

|Semin - Crosby - Koslov| Vs. |Ovechkin - Talbot - Dupuis/Satan|...

I wonder who's gonna have more points at the end of the season?? GIVE ME A F***** BREAK!:evil: Crosby can make sumthing outta nothing and that's why he's better...

For some reason assists arent as COOL as goals, but if I'm a GM, I smarter than that, and I can see who the true leader is...:cool:

No Streaming Account